Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh, my aching back!

On Saturday morning, Patryk ended life as I know it by throwing out my back. I cannot get comfortable unless I am flat on my back. It really makes life with 3 kids and a third shift husband complicated, as I cannot lay flat on my back no matter how badly I want to.

I can't even sit in my craft room for extended periods of time, as the wooden chair I sit on starts to bother me after only 15 or 20 minutes. Nonetheless, I still managed to get this page done yesterday for the weekend challenge over at Paper Posies. It is a sketch challenge, and as I tried to complete this on Sunday unsuccessfully, I thought I would post it today. I wasn't able to do the stitching until this morning...the kids wouldn't let me have 2 seconds to myself last night! I loved this sketch so much!

Here's the sketch:

And here's my take:

Paper Loft Dude collection papers, sanded. Mulberry tag: Paperbilities. Random raffia. Acrylic paint applied with the other end of the paintbrush for brown dots. White dots on title accent: gel pen. MM eyelets. American Crafts letter stickers. Heart shaped vellum tag random from my stash. I hand stitched a strand of raffia onto the title accent. Vellum accents are inked.

Maybe I'll get up there again, I'm not sure. All I know is I have to go rest my back...it hurts :( Hope you are all having a better day than I!

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Oh NO! I'm sorry to hear of your back troubles. Well, you have posted a cute layout anyway... Hope you feel better soon!

Amber Sheaves said...

Oh no. I hope you feel better soon! Love the sketch and I love your layout.

D said...

So sorry you are in soo much pain!! Bad enough that you hurt, but taking care of three babes really makes it tough. I hope it starts feeling better soon. You page is beautiful :)

Leeann Pearce said...

Congrats come over and check out the news!!!

leeann:)