Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recovering from disaster...

I scrapped yesterday, just a little bit. I was quite excited, as I just received blog candy I won in the mail from the s4u blog, a kit from Queen Scraps featuring the wonderful Kaisercraft Le Chateau Collection. I was working with a Liz Qualman sketch that I just loved, and as I placed the 3rd and final picture, my cell phone rang. In my "free" time (ha, what a joke), I am an apartment manager for a couple of local landlords. One of them was calling me as he was outside in my driveway in the pouring rain, and wanted me to hurry to the door. He was basically being a little baby...but whatever. I ran down and opened the door, and let him in to receive the keys to a newly vacant unit so that I could begin showing it. We talked for *maybe* 3 minutes, but he had to leave, and I returned upstairs to find.....THIS. (I should mention that as I began walking up the stairs, I could hear my 2 year old terror of a son running for his life into his room, so I suspected there was some foul play...)

So, I've printed out a new picture (as you can see that he has scribbled all over his face >:-/) and plan to use various embellishments to hide the other oopsies. HOPEFULLY I can make it work.

When I lost all motivation for that, I decided to work with a sketch-a-thon sketch instead. The sketch-a-thon officially ends on Monday, so I wanted to to try to complete the last few assignments. I loved this sketch, and couldn't wait to play with it!

Here's the sketch:


...and here's what I did:

Please note the outfit: so 80's! Legwarmers, suede boots, sequin coat...my mom even helped me spray pink in my hair!

Papers: MAMBI Coastal Culture. MM foam flourish stamp. White Blossom sparkle stickers for title. Prima flowers with buttons in the middle, along with handmade flowers. Kaisercraft Le Chateau die cut journal spot affixed to layout with Pop Dots.

So today, it is off to fix the screwed up layout! Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: head over to s4u and check out my altered item challenge. This month, it is an altered candle holder, and with the holidays coming up, each candle you make to decorate your house with or give away as a gift for Christmas is an entry into my RAK drawing!

No comments: