Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Goal setting, goal schmetting...

I shouldn't post goals anymore...I shouldn't say "I'm going to do **fill-in-the-blank**." It NEVER. GETS. DONE. Today was no different...I say, "Oh, I think I'm going to go attack those candle holders..."

I go through all of my tissue paper, and there are NO fall colors to SPEAK OF. I have come up with an idea to use what I have, and will attempt tomorrow, but it took me quite a bit to come up with the idea, so it wasn't able to happen. It hit me at dinner, the most inopportune time. Tonight was also open house for my 5th grader. Oh well...I made a card in the brief hour I had to spend up there, I didn't want to do nothing!

I made this for the Corrosive Challenge blog's challenge, to use turquoise, red, and pink together. The red really threw me off! I liked how it turned out though. I used the Sassy Lil' Sketches Oct sketch #1, a card sketch.

As you can see, I've turned the sketch. Provo Craft handmade paper that I've been sitting on for a while (*ahem* like 11 years) combined with turquoise cardstock inked around the edges. Basic Grey clear stamps. American Crafts ribbon. Rubons of an unknown source, as it seems the identifying info has been discarded or lost in my alpha drawer (yes, I have an alpha drawer...I am a ridiculous hoarder!) Simple and quick.

Let's see if tomorrow I can...oh wait, no more goal setting publicly. I forgot...

2 comments:

D said...

Wow, those are tough colors to work with. But you made them look great together!!!

Scrapenabler said...

Cute card! I love the way you changed the orientation of the card.