Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October DT sketch reveal

Finally, I am able to make this post! What a busy weekend it has been.

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary, but as hubby works 3rd shift 7 days straight, it is hard to find time to celebrate! This past weekend happened to be one of his big 5 nights off weekends (he gets one of those each month, it's great) so we celebrated all weekend long! His parents took the kids out to dinner on Saturday night while we took a drive along the ocean. It was beautiful...we even got to sit and watch a sunset together all alone on the beach. Haven't done that since I was a teenager! Had a delicious dinner at a fancy little Italian restaurant, and headed back to get the kids.

Sunday was even better! We went to my parents' house to help them cut down some trees in preparation for some culvert work, and wouldn't you know, my father offered to take all 3 kids overnight!!!! This marks the first time EVER my son has slept over anyone's house, or even been away from me! It was strange, but nice. We went out for dinner (again, wow, what a treat) and spent some much needed quality alone time ;) Even though I had to get up around the same time (the girls had dentist appointments, so I had to go pick them up and couldn't sleep in), it was nice to be able to wake up and come to terms with the fact I am awake before having kids bouncing all around shouting for my attention!

The kids are back in school, and now I am getting the house ready for winter. People are all about spring cleaning, but seriously, you have to do it in both spring and fall. It's nice to start the winter off fresh and clean, especially since around here, the house is closed up for what feels like endless months! I am not a fan of the winter. It's another gorgeous day here, so I will most likely finish up my fall planting, too. Can't hide inside all day long :)

So I would like to share the DT sketch for this month from s4a...I made it a few days ago, but wasn't allowed to post it until now :) I had fun with it...used Fancy Pants Design Rough & Tumble papers for this. 2 double sided sheets of paper + a pair of scissors = perfectly coordinated embellies! Seeing as my hubby and I were getting ready to head out the door but I needed to get this page done, I wanted to show how simple it is to do a quick page that receives high marks for design. And yes, I turned the sketch *again* I've been doing that a lot lately!


My scanner cut the edges off of the paper, but I just want to point out the awesome arrow/doodle border of this paper. The background paper did the majority of the work for me here...I just had to use my exacto to cut around the cloud and star, tucking the other papers behind it. I used both sides of 2 different sheets of paper to complete the rest. The "oh boy" block is adhered with Pop Dots for dimension, as is the star and journal box. Some papers are inked, and Kaisercraft rubons for the title. The stars in the upper left corner of the photo are hand-drawn with white gel pen. The hidden journal tag is the final touch.

TFL, and stay tuned for more creations today. I know I'll be busy clearing stuff out and planting, but I need a crafty break!

2 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Such a cute layout! :-)

deb famularo said...

Adorable layout, and a super sweet photo!!! xOxO