Thursday, October 21, 2010

Exciting happenings at S4A!

Get ready, because tomorrow begins the scariest card contest over at sketches4all!

The sketch will be uploaded on Friday morning, and let me tell you, it is a great sketch! Not only do you have to make a scary card, but you must also add some bling for a little twist! You will have until midnight on October 30th to upload your entry, and trust me, you'll want to enter...up for grabs is an ECHO PARK HAPPY HALLOWEEN KIT for the first place winner!!!!! The DT will pick our 2 faves, and the 2nd place winner will receive a mini album, stamp, and some other random goodies.

One entry per person, so make your card as scary as you can...I can't wait to see the entries, and will post my scary card tomorrow morning once the sketch is revealed.

On to the layout I was able to finish yesterday. I made this one for the Scrap Girl of the Month contest, a.k.a. SGOTM, over at s4a. This is the first challenge in the series, I'm quite behind! Reorganizing my craft room really took a lot more time than I would have liked (but I am almost finished putting together a nice collection of candy, and will probably post on Sunday with the details.) Here is the sketch I worked from:

And here is my take on it:

I don't have close-up pics as I was too busy to get around to it, but let me highlight the fine details: handstitching in the place of the little circles above/below the photo in the sketch, using DMC #930. Doodles added around the photo, and if my scanner was bigger, you'd see the doodled square around the edge of the background paper. All of the paper is from The Paper Loft, the Dude collection. MAMBI rhinestone "delight" word sticker. MM pewter square decorative brad holding a piece of ric-rac. MAMBI We are blessed kit for the heart and sentiment, adhered with pop dots. I loved the background paper so much, I didn't want to hide the flourish/circles at the top. I cut with my Exacto and tucked the other papers behind it.

There, now I can go back to being sick and getting Patryk ready for a recheck appointment for a stye he had in his eye a few weeks back. Later, it's back to the doctors office with Rileigh for a physical, and I end the evening with a PTA meeting. Lovely, funny how it works out to be a busy day when I am feeling under the weather. Such is the life of a mom! Hope you all have a great day!


No comments: