Friday, September 24, 2010

Nap time craftiness

Patryk actually napped! Highly unusual, but seeing as he was up at 3:30 this morning, I figured it would happen. Of course, I locked myself in my craft room, ignoring the dirty floors that need to be mopped and the mountain of laundry in the hamper.

Made these for the back to school Sketch-a-thon, card sketch #7 and layout #8.

The card is almost all Nikki Sivils stuff, the Tree Love collection. I am just loving the fun designs and cute little finishing touches. The only thing NOT Nikki is the Studio G stamp I used for the sentiment, and the glitter applied to the Nikki die cut square. I tried to color the sun yellow with a gel pen, but apparently it is all dried out so I'll have to go get some more pens I guess :)
The layout was fun to do, I used My Mind's Eye papers, MM Just Chillin' Girl Glitter Die Cuts, MM Jumbo Pebble Brads, and Thickers Darling in chestnut, outlined with white gel pen to help them stand out against the dark part of the picture.
TFL, and I hope to get to more layouts tomorrow, although I am attending my high school reunion (our 13th...we were an odd class!) so I don't know how much time I'll have. It is potluck, so I'm making cheddar and bacon stuffed shells tomorrow before I go. YUM.

Oh, and stay tuned...I have some great ideas in store for October! Some craftiness that is NOT scrapbook or card related! I know, so strange!

No comments: