Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday

Blah. Kids started school on Tuesday, and they have today off. Why even bother starting until after Labor Day?

It has been tough to get into my craft room lately, and for some reason, today more than ever, though I was determined to walk away with at least one layout under my belt. So here it is, based on a challenge from one of the DT over at sketches4all, Danette. She challenged us to use pink, purple, and lime green on a layout, and to use 2 paper clips, 3+buttons, and 3+ flowers. I also used this for Denise's Let's Ink! challenge, asking us to use ink in the title.


Paper is Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson. Took the heart/wing/tatoo looking piece and cut it right on out of the paper, adhering a piece of lime green paper behind the hole it left, and sticking it back where it belonged with pop dots. Didn't like that the bottom was so 3dimensional, and the top wasn't. Bo Bunny Calypso flower, inked. Butterflies were part of a blog candy giveaway I won, and I just love them. The buttons were in the same bag as the butterflies. The lime green button at the top of the butterflies is part of my stash, don't know where it came from, but isn't it cool? MM Scrapbook Stitches Brights for the thread attaching the buttons to the page. Random paper clips from my stash. MM pink flower brads. Studio G stamp for "September." "first day" and the date/year are stickers from Miss Elizabeth. EK Success alpha stickers for "preschool". "princess" part of title is a masking technique: I used CM letter stickers and inked over them, removing the letter stickers and revealing the purple paper beneath all of the ink. Dotted bracket is an MM diecut - Just Chillin.

TFL!


No comments: