Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday's layout

Went out to buy some posterboard and stickers to price stuff for a yard sale I'm having tomorrow, and of course, I decided to go to Michael's. I went WAAAAAAY overboard, but I got so much cool stuff, including what I've been wanting, an adhesive stamp pad so that I can stamp images and use glitter on them. Can't wait to play with it! I found a Making Memories Chloe's Closet paper pack on clearance for 4 bucks!!!!!!!! With it, I made the following layout for Colorful Creations biker babe challenge and Teresa's sketch challenge over at sketches4all. I'm quite pleased with the results! It is a layout of my mother on her motorcycle years ago on a trip with my father and their friends to Lake George.

Here's Teresa's page...she wanted us to choose one of her layouts and scraplift it.

And here's mine:

MM Chloe's Closet for all papers except brown dotted rectangle from my box of scraps, and the strip on the bottom where the title is came from a DCWV Mini Stack #3. Marcella by K Sabrina fabric brad, which I must say I love! White Blossom flower jewel stickers. Thickers Darling in Chestnut. MM eyelets. Flowers are SEI Claire, except for the blue one on the bottom, which is Prima, all held together with an MM brad.

With all of the new stuff, I'm certain I'll have a lot of great layouts on the way, not to mention I picked up a DCWV school themed 8X8 paper pad, so there will be lots of options for the Back to School Sketch-a-thon. If you haven't headed over to sign up at s4u, please do so. It's just starting up, and there have been a lot of great pre-challenges. Oodles of RAK's and of course the chance to be crowned queen at the very end and win an excellent pack of goodies! Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

D said...

I love your layout! The paper you used rocks. Your comment on my blog cracked me up! I had the same thought as you! LOL!