Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Potty training solution (I hope!) and a couple of layouts

Good morning! Whoever said boys were easier to potty train than boys never met my son. He turned 3 back on November 30th, and although he started using the potty in December (for a week straight, no accidents) he decided to regress shortly thereafter. He is a smart cookie (like just-about-reading smart), and as such, realized that he has control of his body, not me. Patryk now pees in his cute little Cars undies, saying "I just peed in my undies" with a "what are you going to do about it, lady?" look on his face. After trying bribery, diapers, and taking away any "big boy" privileges, I gave up...until last night.

His favorite show in the world right now is Chuggington. He wanted a DVD for Christmas, but of course, they hadn't released it on DVD back then. Anyone who has a child into Playhouse Disney knows that the show has now been released, and let me tell you, Patryk knows too. I have been staring at a couple of cookie sheets I have up in the craft room, planning on making magnetic memo boards to sell in my etsy store...but now they have a different purpose...magnetic potty charts. I'm headed to the craft room to try out my great idea, using of course my Playtime Cricut cart (it has an adorable train on it) and the cookie sheet. The little train will "drive" along the tracks, headed towards Patryk's goal of being able to get the DVD. Every time he uses the potty, the train will advance a square. When he pees/poops in his Pull-Up, it goes back a square. I think this might work, and if not, oh well. It's still a cute idea. I'll be posting this afternoon, you'll have to check it out and let me know what you think!


Ok...so for the past 2 days, my 11 year old, Andraia, has been home sick with the flu-y thing I had last week. It has made crafty time hard to come by! Yesterday afternoon I was able to make this layout right here (along with a second layout that I cannot post just yet, all in due time!) I have had this Chloe's Closet paper for so long after buying the 12X12 paper pack mid-2010 on clearance. Well, this weekend I went to Michael's and found the 8x8 20 sheet paper pack for a buck, of course I had to have it! I made this layout with the MM Chloe's Closet papers, AC Remarks alpha stickers outlined to help them stand out, my I-Rock, and some random ribbon. I made this for the Colorful Creations Get Edgy challenge, and Isadory's challenge over at s4a, scrap a hero (obviously my mom, duh!) and use a sketch.

The scalloped paper is adhered with pop dots.



This layout was created this weekend for the s4a DT sketch. I chose to tone it down a bit...there was a flourish-y detail on the sketch that I felt was too much, I wanted the foliage in the photo to stand out a bit more. This is me, standing at a scenic spot along a scenic road through the White Mountains on my honeymoon in Jackson, NH.
I got this paper on clearance from Michael's, too. It is an Amanda Blu paper pad, just love the plaid! Inked. Staples. 3 different packs of Thickers for title. I-Rock. MM Rummage magnetic stamps for the date. CM circle punch for the "scalloped" edge. Cut the flower paper and stuck the photo behind the petals of the flowers.




Ok, potty chart time! Just had to share these layouts, head on over to s4a and join in on the challenges listed above. I want to see what you do with the sketches!

2 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

What an awesome idea!! One of my boys would not do #2 in the potty...(he was 4!) Until his preschool teacher offered him a Popsicle party at her house (next door to the preschool). He started pooping in the potty the next day!
We were all so excited about it and made such a big deal that my 2 year old daughter decided she wanted that attention too and started going in the potty too!!!! LMAO
I fully believe that they will do it when they want to and sometimes bribery helps! LOL

Love your layouts girl!~! Your mom one is sweet. I think the photo is touching.
Your DT lo rocks too. I didn't notice before how you slid your picture behind the flowers...INGENIOUS!!

Hope you girl gets to feeling better soon

Cook more crock pot food so you can scrap more! lol Hugs!

kate blue said...

no worries about the boy and the potty; sometimes boys don't do it till age 3 1/2...just do the 15-20 min in the underwear daily and then take them off whether dry or wet and give praise (treat, sticker, whatever works best) and then each week, increase the time...soon, he'll want them on all day and MAY do 1 & 2 in the POTTY!