Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blah.












That's how I can describe this morning. I haven't eaten a late night snack in forever, and of course I chose to do so last night, and regretted it first thing this morning. My son came in the bathroom as I was throwing up, "Ewwwww mommy, that's sooooo gross!" After a bottle of water, I am feeling a little better. I think it was last night's Fritos LOL

Good news of the day: the potty chart appears to be a smashing success. Haven't had an accident yet in almost 24 hours! Woo hoo!

Bad news of the day: I am a little bummed right now, I won't mention the site at all as that's not how I roll, but let's just say they didn't screw up just once...try twice. I was invited to be a guest designer *somewhere* and last month, they posted my layout and the sketch...only the sketch they posted wasn't the sketch they emailed me, so my layout looked nothing like the sketch. They also neglected to copy/paste the whole entire first paragraph of my bio, you know the "hello I'm so and so, I am married with so and so many kids...blah blah blah." My bio sounded so awkward and it really annoyed me, they didn't even edit the post when I told them they screwed up. No biggie, I was GDT again this month. Well, I submitted my layout a few days early, so I've been sitting on it, just waiting until that moment I could share it with the world, and I see today that they didn't even announce I was GDT. So maybe I should enter it into the current challenge LOL But something inside me wants to just stop doing these challenges, as I'm a little bummed I wasn't featured. Is that crazy of me? Selfish? I mean, I'm a little older than the ol' "I'm mad at you so I'm not going to play with you anymore" routine, aren't I? Seeing as they emailed me a sketch telling me I would be GDT today, and I stressed over completing it as everyone's been so sick here, don't I have a right to be a little upset? Ah well, I'll just go whip out some layouts to make me feel better.

The layout you see above is for the GDT spot that never was. Paper is from GCD Studios, another clearance buy from my weekend shopping trip, a Chic Bebe pad and the papers are like wallpaper, so satiny and shiny! Love the patterns, too! That cute yellow embellie at
the top is from The Chip Chop Shop, I added white DCWV doodle rub ons. The flowers were all received in an RAK. The white doily behind the flower in the title is also from The Chip Chop Shop. Recollections glitter brads. Swingline color brights blue staples. The letter stickers were included in the GCD paper pad. The photos and two of the patterned paper strips are adhered with pop dots. I just love dimension :)
TFL, hope I can get some challenges knocked out of the park today. I'll also be making a girly potty chart. This way, I can post both on Etsy and people can custom order them :) I'm sure I'll be sharing some good stuff later, stay tuned!

3 comments:

D said...

I'm so sorry your layouts didn't get featured! I'm be ticked off too. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely their loss.

Stacy H-W said...

First, they suck! Want me to go beat them up for you??!! (ha) Sounds like they aren't a very organized or conscience site. Maybe you should find another site to do challenges at...?
Your layout is stunning so it is definitely dumb of them not to feature it! I have been loving all your wedding layouts. Each one has been even better than the one before.
You have also inspired me with your potty training idea. I went and got stickers todays - now I just need to make a wall chart!! So glad it has been working for you so far!! Big Hugs!!

Nicolle Kramer said...

I love your LO its so colorful and fun. It's sad that this has happened and I would feel awful as well but there are so many different scrapbook blogs and sites looking for GDT's. Never give up! Yes I know easier said then done. It's def their loss...