Thursday, February 3, 2011

Free snowmen, unassembled...

free for the taking. I have enough snow to make just about any size snowman, even if you want him 3 stories tall! Come and get it, I don't need the stuff anymore! Seriously, I can't even see the street over the snowbanks outside the window by my computer. Patryk can't go out and play in it, he is too short. Even if he could, it's too cold to play in it anyway. A cruel trick by Mother Nature, giving the kids so much snow to play in, but making it impossible to comfortably play in it for more than 5 minutes. At least the girls are back to school today.

I wish I could say I can get crafty today, but I fear I cannot. There is a lot to do here, and I am overwhelmed. Where did January go, anyway? Can someone just hit the pause button so I can take a breath? I did manage to get this done a couple of days ago, another chance to play with Nikki Sivils' Sugar Cookie line. Again, I have a 6X6 pad of it, so I used two sheets separated by a strip cut from another sheet of paper. The brown balloon is part of this paper line, but not the gingham or floral balloons. All of the random strips are from a sheet of the paper, too. Such a great little pad of paper, people underestimate the power of the 6X6 pad! This is little ol' me on my first birthday, enjoying some cake.

I cut the balloons from the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cart, attaching fuzzy fiber strings. Thickers glitter title on a random doily from my stash. I've been using these a lot lately (probably because I told myself to use up the stuff I have currently before I can get new stuff, and after seeing all of the CHA releases, I cannot use up the old stuff fast enough!!)


I hope you are all having a peaceful winter thus far, and not a crazy, hectic one like me. The stupid city plow truck just went by, and left a nice ridge of ice chunks at the end of the driveway, and if I want my bald-front-tire minivan to make it through, I think I have to go shovel. Again. Ugh..........






2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh Kristen, I cannot believe you have the complete opposite of what we have here, this extreme heat is just unbearable, can't scrap for sweat and the humidity is just almost 90% I am afraid Mr. Snowman would not last one second over here, but this is our last month of summer so I am not sure of your seasons but this may be yours too.

Your layout is just gorgeous, I love the string and the balloons and Master Nate's b'day is the 27th Jan.....I hope your minivan makes it over the ice but hope my car doesn't overheat in this heat....funny hey. Melxx

Stacy H-W said...

Such a sweet layout girl!! Weren't you cute as a button??!! ha Sorry for all the snow...