Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Altered Ceramic Tile + CC Stamps = Awesome!

So...my parents recently moved from NH to TN. While packing, they had a lot of items to part with, and we were happy to take some stuff off of their hands. Among the pile of stuff: a box full of ceramic tile leftover from my brother's remodel of one of his properties. Of course, when I saw the box, I wasn't thinking, "Oh, these would look great on the bathroom walls." I was thinking, "These would make great canvases!" 

And I finally got around to making something with one of them! This will end up somewhere in the house this Christmas, and I plan to make soooo many more.  It's quick and easy, and looks great! Follow along, and decorate your own ceramic tile with Crafter's Companion stamps!

Here we go:

 I started out with my ceramic tile, the Sheena A Little Bit Scenic - Ornate Snowflakes (which I keep in one of my EZ Binder Mini Stamp Storage binder), Claudine Helmuth Rock-A-Block, and Delicata ink (soon to be in the Crafter's Companion store! Yay! I love this stuff!)
 There she is, ready for stamping!
 Cover your snowflake stamp in ink.
 Stamp onto the left side of the tile.  Flip over, and stamp again on the right side of the tile.

 Then use the ink pad and rub along the edges of the tile to create a golden border.

 Now, choose a stamp for the center. I chose the "Merry Christmas" from the Dee Gruenig - Jolly Holly EZ Mount stamp set.
 This time, I inked it up with Forest Green StazOn.
 After stamping it into the center, take it outside and spray some Spray N Seal Satin Varnish over it to seal it in. Spray a few coats on just to make sure it's able to stand up to periodic dusting and cleaning.

That's it! Super easy, and so pretty! I'll be making a lot more of these (due to the fact I have a box FULL of them!) A great decoration for the holidays, or a great gift for a loved one :)

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: