Wednesday, January 16, 2013

XOXO: Get Houndstoothy!

Yup. Houndstoothy. If you head over to the True XOXO blog, you'll see that's what we've done...switched from zebra print to houndstooth. Now, we want to see your creations using houndstooth. Layout? Sure! Card? No problem. Altered item? We love those, too.

I whipped up this page (and actually "whipped up" isn't really accurate, as that makes one think it took me no time at all. The hand stitching took forEVer, despite relying on my Sew Easy!)

There's a whole lotta My Mind's Eye - Lush going on here (houndstooth print paper, brads.) The edges of the houndstooth paper were distressed with my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser, then I sanded the whole piece. MME for the background paper as well. Also represented: AC burlap, Maya Road AWESOME flower cut from ribbon (I just love the stuff. Don't know why I don't use it more!) AC Remarks and Thickers alphas. DMC floss, hand stitched after using my Sew Easy straight stitch. Boom. Super simple!



There it is! Head over to the XOXO blog to see what the other fabulous ladies did with houndstooth, and link up your houndstoothy creation for a shot at a much coveted GDT spot!

Hope you have a great day, I'll be dealing with snow all day. More specifically, the shoveling of it. Ugh. (Although I secretly love shoveling, I would rather get crafty today! The kids have school despite the weather!)

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: