Thursday, January 31, 2013

A quick happy birthday card

Good afternoon! It's been crazy this week here. You might remember my son had a double ear infection/bronchitis earlier this month, for which he rested and took antibiotics. Well...it's baaaack! Round two of antibiotics and the past three days home from school, and I think he's finally getting better and will be well enough to return to school tomorrow. (Let's hope so, I have had a "me" day planned for tomorrow since before he got sick with friends of mine stopping by for a visit!!)

Today is a very strange day here in NH. The air was oddly warm to start the day (it was 58 degrees when I brought my daughter to school, even she ended up stuffing her coat in her backpack as it was hot and stuffy in the car!) and the wind is whipping fiercely, causing us to lose power for a brief hour. I'm hoping that was it, but you just never know with winds like this. The sun is out, though, so it's time to re-take a bunch of pictures of projects I had taken on overcast days, as well as do a few design projects that are due today. Lots of work ahead of me, so let's get this card posted, shall we?


I used the new Stamp It Australia Unmounted Stamp Set Spring - Dreamy Daisies from Crafter's Companion for this pretty little card. I love this pretty, which I ended up coloring simply with Fruit Punch Stickles. I added Glossy Accents to the dragonfly's body, it looks fabulous up close! I thought the AC Amy Tangerine papers were perfect. As a fellow team member pointed out when she saw the card: both the paper and the stamp give off a sketch-y vibe. It's like they were made for each other! I thought the pop of pink was a nice addition to the blues and grays.

It might be hard to tell, but I tried to get a good shot of it...the hearts are coated with Glossy Accents, too! I glued the dragonfly body to the card directly, and then popped up the wings with adhesive foam circles :)

I am hoping to get a few more projects up today, but we'll see. It's hard with the little guy being sick :(  I hope you all have a fabulous day!

xoxo
Khristen

2 comments:

D said...

Sorry your little guy is still so sick :(( Your birthday card is so beautiful. I love the pop of pink on the dragonfly. And the paper rocks ;)

Sharon said...

It may have been a quick card but it is gorgeous. Love the dragonfly.
Hope your son feels better soon.
Hugs Sharon. x