Saturday, January 5, 2013

XOXO Challenge #38: Baby, You're a Firework

Happy New Year to all of you! It's been a low-key new year here at my house as I am recovering from what I believe to be the flu. I am on week 2 and still quite fatigued and congested. I know the end is in sight, I just need to continue to rest and ingest an insane amount of fluids! It's been easy to rest as the temps have been between below zero to the low teens. We had a heat wave today with temps in the low 30's (but there was a wind chill so I stayed inside after running a few errands as it still felt just as cold as earlier in the week!)

Time for the first XOXO Challenge of 2013, and this time our inspiration was the word "fireworks." It's amazing to see how the word turned into a scrapbook page for each one of us...head over to the post at True XOXO Scrapbooking to see how the other DT members interpreted the prompt.

Here's my take:


One of my "resolutions" (I shudder every time I say or think that word. Can't STAND it.) is to use up stuff I have in my stash before going nuts buying new stuff (*cough cough* CHA new releases *cough cough*), so I dug out papers from an old Scraptastic Club kit (not that old though...October's Hall Pass kit.) I love this sheet of Studio Calico Abroad - First Class. I added a piece of a border sticker from the October Afternoon 9-5 shape stickers included with the kit (the notebook paper-looking piece.) Some AC brads, a Studio Calico journal card, Basic Gray Mini Mono Red alpha stickers, Studio Calico flair, and MME Happy label sticker. To finish it off, I added some Mustard Seed Distress Stickles, which I applied to the page like fireworks. I love how they match the color of the go kart in the pictures, and they're sparkly like fireworks! Perfect!

 That's a Studio Calico polaroid frame die cut which is so cool (hahaha). I filled it with sequin stars and they are bright, colorful, and shiny like fireworks :)


Don't forget to head over and show us how you interpret "fireworks" into your own layout. We'd love to see it, and it gives you the chance to become a guest designer with XOXO! We're pretty fun, and you'd get to hang with us in our super secret Facebook group :) Don't forget to head over to this post and comment with your link to the layout.

One more thing you need to know: there is a birthday blog hop coming up with True XOXO and If It's Groovy, and you won't want to miss the fun and prizes being offered. Check back Friday when festivities kick off!

xoxo
Khristen

1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

I think this is one of my favorite layouts you have done!! LOVE IT! I really love the fireworks and the stars. You got great balance.