Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Clean Floor = A Happy Me! (and a layout)

Isn't it amazing how one simple thing, like being able to clean the floors, can make you so happy? If the teenage version of me knew the adult version of me, I think she'd likely slap me upside the head!

After finishing up my "real" work yesterday, running some errands, and picking up the kids from school, I got to work cleaning the floors. FINALLY. I had attempted to do it a couple of weeks ago when I thought I was getting better, but ended up vacuuming the kitchen and passing out on the couch. My body just wasn't ready yet. But now they're all sparkly clean and I feel somewhat normal again! It kills me when the floors are dirty, and with all of the muddy/snowy boots coming in and out of the house, it was DIRTY!

Anywho, let's get to the layout! Like I said in a recent post, I went crazy making layouts while sick. I have days upon days worth of blog posts ahead of me :)

 I have made it my mission, a "resolution" if you will (I hate that word), to use up more of my stash this year. I think this takes care of that, dont you? So much going on here. Studio Calico State Fair and Basic Grid, inked with Old Paper TH Distress ink after being crumpled. Gorgeous red Thickers. October Afternoon 9 to 5 stickers. Random twine. Simple Stories Summer Fresh stickers and journal card.




 


Watch for another post tomorrow :) Have a great day, I'm hoping to get crafty between loads of laundry!

xoxo
Khristen

3 comments:

kate blue said...

we have both committed to the same thing! Great layout and I love the Thickers and the way your placed the tags/stickers on the side...ps-I am one of those folks who will NEVER ride a roller coaster; I'm a scaredy cat!

Stacy H-W said...

My hubby has me on a spending freeze for January and February so I will definitely be using up my stash (and my xmas goodies! LOL)at least during these two months. I wish I was more organized so I could find all the great stuff I have when I need it! LOL I LOVE your layout. You have so many awesome details and layers to it. I particularly like the distressed paper with inking and the twirling yarn ambling across the page and your use of all those word embellies that I am terrible about using.
Regarding your header, it just happened to be right in the center of my view yesterday and the word just jumped out at me. I know I would want you to let me know if I needed to fix something. Looks awesome now! LOL hugs, Stacy

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous scrapbook page. They certainly look to be having fun on the roller-coaster. I was supposed to be using my stash this year but my post today admits I have not stuck to it!!! Could I be cheeky and ask you to put my name amongst the Dream Valley DT members.
Hugs Sharon. x