Friday, September 2, 2011

XOXO Challenge #21: Blog Inspiration

Last post of the morning, I promise ;)

True XOXO Girls is back and better than ever! Have you seen our blog redesign? It's pretty fabby, and so is our next challenge.

The DT was asked to use our own personal blogs as inspiration, and let me tell you, even with all of the scrappy supplies I own, I had the hardest time finding the shade of blue that matched my blog as I decided to use the colors as inspiration. I ended up turning to Bo Bunny Calypso I've had for about a year now, using up the very last scraps. *Sigh* I'll miss that paper. (And I apologize again for the quality of these pics...overcast day and power outage...) This is a pic of my Rileigh, who went from youngest to middle the day her brother was born.
These puffy vinyl Thickers had polka dots which fits right in with the polka dots on my blog, so I just had to use them. Colorbok provided the "from" and "to," ridiculously thick dimensional letters from eons ago...we're talking probably 7 or 8 years ago. Scenic route for "middle."
Bakers twine affixes these ADORABLE pieces from My Little Bit of Whimsy. I received these items with a We Scrap kit, and LOVE them. Added to my favorite supply shop list fo' sho'!
Last but not least, I must mention this stamp next to the photo stamped in SEI charcoal...I don't know how many of you follow the discount sites, but I am hooked on them. This particular stamp set came from Peachy Cheap, and was part of a huge Fancy Pants stamp set (Delight, I believe) and it only cost me......


****$5.99!***** Amazing, this is the stamp set I got for a ridiculous deal (I paid less than scrapbook.com's clearance price!!!!) :

So head on over to XOXO and see the eye candy our designers have posted, along with meeting our two guest designers for this month. You will be inspired, I'm sure of it! Enter your scraplift for a chance at becoming November's guest designer. "Wait," I'm sure you're saying, "what happened to October?" Well, check out this post for details on becoming GDT for October!

Scraplifts are due by 9/30, winners announced 10/5. Enter for your chance to hang in our super-secret Facebook group all month and see what it's like behind the scenes. If you do link up a project, be sure to post which layout inspired you and why. We are curious :) Hope to see your creations!

xoxo

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Great layout Khristin! I especially like the title work you came up with. You will definitly miss that yummy paper!! Glad you made it through the storm. hugs!

Marlene said...

Your layout is fabulous - I love all the cute little add-ons..and those puffy letters are da bomb!

Have a fantastic long weekend!

melsanford said...

Awwww - gorgeous layout! Love how it matches your blog :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx