Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bucka!

For those who aren’t in the know, Bucka is what my children call my father.  **Backstory: Andraia was just barely 1 1/2 years old, and rather than say “Grampa” she interchanged the P and G and it came out “Bucka" and kind of stuck.  All the kids call him this, and I love it!**  Well, Saturday was Bucka’s birthday.  Another year older, another year the coolest dad ever.  As we had a wedding to attend that day, I will be making him a birthday dinner at some point this week (he went out for a day on the motorcycles with my mom anyway, so I didn’t feel so bad about not being able to see him.)

Sketch #6 in the sketches4all End of Summer Sketch-a-Thon was just too awesome to NOT complete, and I knew just the paper line: MME Lime Twist!  You’ll probably recognize the papers from my recent posts showcasing the items in the Scraptastic kit club August Summer Star kit.  I have a LOT of this kit left!  I used some scraps from layouts I’ve done to maximize what I have (translated: to leave the full 12X12 sheets I have left untouched HA)

IMG_1678

Rounded the corners of my paper strips with my corner punch.  Twine came from the kit, as did the stickers.

IMG_1679

IMG_1680

There you have it!  I hope to see him soon to hand him this card Smile

Hoping to have power back soon, but I have another couple of posts I can do in the meantime to keep me occupied (thank you, Windows Live Writer!)  As I type, PSNH is out there wandering down the lines looking for the problem, currently right in my backyard, up high on a pole.  I’d say their 15 minute response time was pretty stellar!  Fingers crossed we get it back soon…I think I’m going insane without the internet and morning news!!!

1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

Good luck with the power!

Great card for your Dad. I bet he loves it!