Thursday, September 8, 2011

Picture-less Layout on a Rainy Day

I realized yesterday, as I listened to the sounds of three 3-year-olds running rampant through the house, that I didn't have any pictures to scrap. I could have gone downstairs and printed out some pics, but instead I turned to the "memorabilia drawer." This is the place I toss the kids' artwork, schoolwork, and anything else worth saving for future scrapping. I have an old 6 drawer dresser, and each drawer contains a different year for each of the kids.

I found the cutest thing contained in Rileigh's drawer, and just had to scrap it! Rileigh, now 9 and in 4th grade, has been constantly writing and drawing in notebooks since she could form letters and shapes. When she was 4 (and I actually remember this day) she did a series of pages which I'll call the "Dear so-and-so Series." You'll see that the writing featured on this page starts "Dear Dad." Each entry in the series starts with "Dear" and addresses each member of the family. Example: mine reads "Dear Mommy: The most things my mommy likes to do is scrapbook." HA. She was one smart 4 year old, always spelling properly. Here's dear ol' dad's version in the Dear so-and-so Series, and apparently the "most things" my husband likes to do is play video games...not from what I've seen, but whatever. He enjoys playing them when he gets the chance, although he doesn't often have the time.

I started with a blank piece of white paper and used some Shimmerz Spritz in Treasured Hymn to create the background. I love the shimmer, and in finally knowing that my homemade mist is just as good as the mists out there on the market! (This is my first time using a manufactured mist...it came in a kit.) I used a Hampton Arts crown mask as well, fitting my title perfectly. BG Lime Rickey papers, only 2 different sheets, which I fussy cut around the interesting lines on the paper. Love this paper! (Too bad these are my last two sheets, but glad to clear out my stash a bit.) Stuff2Scrap chipboard elements (cloud and bottom border). The cloud is covered in Diamond Stickles, the border piece in Studio G glitter glue of 3 colors. Scenic Route alphas for title, October Afternoon alpha for name/age. Random die cut for journal spot.




That's all for now, off to print out some pictures and complete some DT assignments and make some stuff for my shop. Heads up crafters: medallions, rosettes, flowers, tags, and more coming to my shop to make your pages come together faster but still have the handmade embellies that you love but don't have time to make (or maybe I have a paper line that you just love but can't get, check them out and let me know what you want to see in the "Supplies" section of my shop, opening later today...you can even request supplies made from a specific paper line. I'll happily oblige if I can.)

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: