Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day

Hope you've all enjoyed this holiday weekend. It's been soooo hot and humid here in the Northeast, and today I think we're due to get some rain. That's ok, I'll take it! We enjoyed a wonderful cookout with my in-laws yesterday, I just love big ol' juicy burgers smothered in cheese and bacon :)

I just have to share this before I head to pick up some bread and milk for lunch. I made it a few days ago, a layout of my oldest years ago at Halloween. She was having trouble deciding what she was going to dress as, and after getting ideas in Target, begged me for this wig. I obliged, and after hubby had his way with the face paint, she was a clown! She's a goofball for sure, and this wig appears every now and again "just because." :)

Scenic Route Garden Grove background paper, arrow, "clowning" alpha stickers, and journal boxes. Thickers alpha "just." Doodlebug alpha "around." Cosmo Cricket Blackboard chipboard shapes. Hard to tell in the pics, but background is sprayed with Glimmer Mist (surprisingly not homemade as I received a bottle in a kit recently. I must say, my recipe is pretty darn close!)

Look at those crazy eyes...I just love this shot of her. Hubby, on the other hand, not so much. He is not a big fan of clowns.
That's all folks, off to get the essentials for lunch and write some articles. Maybe I can craft later...we'll see. It is dreary, so the stars may align just right for that to occur. The girls are off at my parents' house, so I think I'll take advantage of the (almost) silence! Hope you are having a great holiday!

Don't forget to check out the current challenge over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog, Dream Valley Challenge #15, and the XOXO scraplift challenge!

xx

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Christen, fab lo! I LOVE the title work! Those photos are cute and scary. lol. I hope you get to scrap a little today.

Stacy H-W said...

Sorry I miss spelled your name. I'm on my I pad hunting and pecking and got distracted by my son and hit publish without looking at what I wrote.

melsanford said...

Fab layout - love the photos :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx