Friday, June 10, 2011

Practicing Paint Fusion

Weeks later, and I still love this Paint Fusion from Crafter's Companion. I made this little card last night for my friend Stacy's challenge over at sketches4all, which asked for a messy project. If you could have seen me after I painted that butterfly, you would have seen just how much of a mess I made!
I used the Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion Butterfly stamp set and some Eco Crafts acrylic paint to create the butterfly. (I love the practice sheet that comes included with the stamps, it really makes all the difference in how your finished project comes out!) I had received the papers from my awesome boss over at sketches4all, a 6X6 pad of Lime Twist papers from MME :) Such pretty colors and patterns!
Finished it off with a bow and some alpha stickers, which I felt needed to pop more, so I went around them with some black pen.
Quick card, as the butterfly only takes minutes to paint, and so pretty! My kids wanted me to hang up the butterfly on the wall so everyone could enjoy looking at it LOL I picked up a mirror at a yard sale this weekend with intentions of stripping it and restyling it...maybe butterflies for the girls' room?

Off to finish up the layout I started last night. I meant to get to it earlier, but I forgot that it was "Take Your Family to School" day at Rileigh's school...Patryk and I met Rileigh to have a picnic lunch together :)

1 comment:

melsanford said...

Oh wow! That butterfly is gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx