Friday, June 10, 2011

New Challenge at sketches4all

Good morning! I'm posting bright and early (but don't get used to it...I've been up since 5:30 due to Rileigh getting a bloody nose and waking me up, while dripping blood everywhere, to help her.)

Yesterday I posted a new challenge over at sketches4all, running until June 29th. This month, I was inspired by the butterflies visiting my dahlias...I am asking you to submit your project using at least 5 butterflies. Here is my example, of course I played with more Crafter's Companion goodies!
I made this card for a wedding I am attending soon (I can't say who as they may see this post, but I am going to a few weddings in the next couple of months, so it's a guessing game until the big day LOL). I pulled out my Fairyopolis Card Making Kit, cutting one of the card bases contained within to the size I wanted (I was looking for a card a bit smaller than the card base actually was.) I put a decoupage fairy together to make a nice dimensional look, and did the same with the butterfly she is reaching for. The remainder of butterflies and the sentiment are rub ons contained in the kit. This card came together so fast!
I pulled out the Envelobox board and made a matching envelobox for it, using a pretty pearlescent cardstock in a shade of purple. You can't see (as I can't show it, the names are on the front) the row of rub on butterflies I adhered across the bottom of the envelope. I love being able to make envelopes that don't destroy my hard work on dimensional projects!
Alright, that's all for now. Head over to Khristen's Challenges at sketches4all and submit your project showcasing butterflies for your chance at winning a great prize pack from my favorite shop (the deals are unbelievable!) Closeout Girl on Etsy. Amy has awesome prizes and is so nice, and is my new go-to store for prize packs. I can afford to send you all more high quality goodies that are from brands we all love, leaving some leftover money for my kiddos and all the stuff they demand (oh, and hubby likes it too LOL)

I'll be posting a couple more times today, I finished up a card and layout last night while the kids were sleeping :) Just waiting for the glorious sunshine to take a few pics.

1 comment:

melsanford said...

Oh beautiful! Love all those butterflies :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx