Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Crafter's Companion June Challenge!

I hope you are all enjoying the middle of the week. I am loving today as it is a quiet one! When there are no activities going on for the kiddos, it's a good day for me :)

Today is challenge day over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog, and this time around we're asking for your summer projects. Summer theme or colors are okay here. You MUST use a Crafter's Companion stamp somewhere on your project to be considered for the monthly prize, which is an amazing one! If you participate in our challenge this month, you are in to win a Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion prize pack. We'll be giving away 2 Paint Fusion stamp sets, the Paint Fusion instructional DVD, and 6 tubes of paint...everything you need to get started right away using this great product.
Let me start by saying: I AM NOT A PAINTER. Not at all. That's why I play with paper and glue hahaha! I got this and said "Oh great, there goes my DT status with this company, I can't paint at all!" I popped in the DVD, and couldn't believe how easy it really was. Within minutes, I was painting, and although it didn't look as I'd wanted it to, it still looked great. The Paint Fusion system really makes it easy to look as though you know what you are doing!!!!! The practice sheets included with each stamp set really help limit paper waste, as you can just wipe off the laminated sheet and do it again until you get the brush strokes you want. It really is fool proof!

So here's what I came up with. We always have a big bbq with all of our friends, and this year I wanted to have a beach-y island-y theme. I am going to send out these thank you cards to all who attend. Even my husband told me the flower here looked very tropical :) (He followed that comment up with "But maybe you should have put it on blue paper." I'll have to try that out and see, he thinks it will add to the ocean theme.)


Isn't that great? It took me minutes to make that flower following the instructions included on the DVD. Seriously, minutes. It is going to be so easy to whip up a set of these cards! Why didn't I come up with this for Mother's Day? I could have made my mom a card set! Also keep in mind this is my FIRST ATTEMPT. I wanted to show you all how easy it is to create beautifully painted items with the Paint Fusion system.

Besides the Paint Fusion Butterfly stamp set (which, by the way, is exclusive to the Stamp and DVD bundle offered at the Crafter's Companion website), I used Crafter's Companion paintbrushses (which are excellent brushes), my Rock-A-Blocks to stamp the image, and Eco-Green crafts acrylic paint in white, rose, butternut, mulch, new grass, and zucchini. I love this paint, as I'm always looking for ways to protect the environment. It is just as good, if not better, than the other acrylic paints you would use.

So head over to the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog to have your shot at winning the Paint Fusion prize pack. It is such a great product!!!!!!! I hope to see your entry! You have until June 30th :)

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful card! You did an awesome job painting!! This is so soft and pretty.

Carole of Brum said...

Wow, Khristen, that looks top notch! you're doing a good sales job on that paint fusion product....I am sitting here thinking I WANT ONE! lol. CoB

Marlene said...

Fabulous job! I'm duly impressed. :)

Lin said...

Fabulous creation. I'm sure Sheena would be impressed.

Lin xx