Friday, November 5, 2010

Papercraft Star challenge

I made this birthday card for my daughter, who will turn 11 on the 26th of this month, based on a challenge from Papercraft Star. It was a recipe challenge...they specified the size of the card, the size of the two double mats, use ribbon, buttons, and a punch/die cut. Pretty neat challenge, I liked that they specified the size of it all. Made for an easy card, that's for sure!


MAMBI B&W specialty cardstock for the card. The rest of the papers are all scraps, inked. MM Just Chillin glitter die cut flower, inked. Ribbon from the Target dollar bin, used to make the flower, held together with an MM flower shaped brad, also inked and cut to look like cute little petals. Random buttons from my massive collection. Stamped sentiment, penstitched. Miss Elizabeth's Antique Type letter stickers for the "11." TFL!

I'm off to Target now, to pick up some empty spritz bottles to make my own mist :) I have yet to get into the misting craze, but everyone's doing it...I just can't justify paying 8 bucks for a tiny little spritzing bottle! I will make my own and begin to make some paper flowers to sell at some craft fairs, and maybe even stock my etsy shop that has yet to be stocked! Show me the Christmas money ;)

6 comments:

Mel said...

Great idea making your own mist, I think I will do the very same to be honest, it is even dearer over here, crazy, I must have a look at our Target for those empty containers, let me know how you go with experimenting, I just love those Mambi papers and with the green MM die cut flower, wow, just pops, great job. Melxx

Tracy said...

This is just adorable! I love the color combination. Your little flower is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Liz said...

Beautiful card. The flower is great - I like the brad through it. Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Star this week :)

Regan said...

What a beautiful birthday card. The colors are great and the flower is adorable! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Regan

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute and pretty card! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

Amber Sheaves said...

What a beautiful card! You'll have to share your recipe for the mist. I saw one somewhere but just can't remember where. I suppose I could google it but what fun is that? I have a few bottles and love it but would also rather make my own so I can have MORE!!