Friday, November 26, 2010

Colorful Creations Salute Our Veterans Challenge



***If you are here for the blog hop, click here to get to the post.***

I was able to complete this earlier today, surprisingly! I'm still trying to clean the house in preparation for 2 birthday parties in a row and Christmas. With 3 kids, there is a LOT of stuff to part with for all of the stuff that will be making its' way into the house on the big day!

This is for the Salute Our Veterans Challenge at the Colorful Creations blog, a page featuring my great uncle Arthur of the Air Force. He was a mechanic and traveled a bit before being honorably discharged. The discharge paper is in the little pocket I made on the page, the address on the front of the pocket is cut from the envelope the papers were in. What a special thing, to have these papers to include with his portrait from the late 1950's!


The paper is all from the Old Towne Tavern collection from The Paper Loft. I love the rich colors of these papers. I used my Heidi Swapp edge distresser to add to the antique feel of the layout. Title is dear lizzie glitter Thickers. MM gold star brads.

TFL, and don't forget to hop along in the sketches4all blog hop...Echo Park up for grabs!

No comments: