Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Truly, absolutely inspired

First off, let me say that nothing inspires me more than seeing other great crafters' work. I love to see what other people come up with...odd color combos I've never thought of, a different way to use an embellishment, a new technique. The second (and a close second at that) thing that inspires me is acquiring new papers/products :) Seriously, there is something special about that moment you first grab a new paper you just received. The ideas just flow right out, and a cutting/pasting frenzy begins!

I've been blessed to be incredibly inspired, all due to winning a challenge over at sketches4alland receiving goodies in the mail! Stacy H-W had a card contest, and *SURPRISE* I'm a winner! I received the prize and was overjoyed to receive odds and ends from the SEI Claire collection...6X6 papers pad, flowers, die cut shapes/pieces, ribbons...it was amazing. I made some cards to sell to a local shopkeeper who likes my cards, and plan to make a few challenges using these items later in the day. I found out yesterday that I was the winner of another challenge, this time one of Cindy's challenges, put paint on a layout. Add to that winning the RAK from the blog hop at Pink Ninja Addicts' Ninja in the Spotlight Tanisha Renee...I'm in RAK heaven! I'll be unstoppable in my craft room, paper scraps flying everywhere, unrecognizable through the ink and glue that will surely cover me!

Later today I'll be turning out some challenges and possibly some premade layouts to sell to a local store, but here are the cards I made yesterday. The first two are someone else's sketches, but the last three will be sold. Hope to post more later, until then, hope you find YOUR inspiration and get crafty today :)

This first one combined two challenges at sketches4all, Stacy HW's card sketch challenge (which had the added twist of using a repurposed item, in this case window screen), and Denise's inking challenge, which was to use ink in two ways on a card/layout. Obviously, I inked the edges of the papers and stamped the title and flower image. The big flower was created with a flower stamp from Stampin Up! which is where the ink I used is from, as well. Papers are from the MM Vintage Hip collection Gracen paper pad.



I created this card for Dannette's card challenge over at s4a, I just loved this sketch! Papers are from my fab RAK from Stacy H-W (thanks again), SEI Claire collection. Frame cut with my Cricut. Behind the sentiment is white handmade paper from a local Wolfeboro, NH store called Made On Earth. Just love their handmade papers! Sentiment is pinkpaislee's chocolate cardstock alphabet stickers. Random fiber from my collection, probably about 15 years old!

Here is one I made to sell. Bling is random (I think I collected it from the girls' room one day while cleaning, I was so sick of finding them all over their floor. If they aren't going to do anything with them, I can certainly find a use for them!) Papers are from a My Mind's Eye Complete Boy paper pad. Random ribbon from my collection.


More SEI Claire papers, and an acrylic paint stamped flower that I altered a bit to give it layers. Sentiment is SEI Claire die-cut accents, french roast. Center of painted flower is a flower from SEI Claire page titles stickers.


This one is one of my favorites! SEI Claire paper. SEI Claire ribbon. SEI Claire die cut accent, french roast. (Seeing a pattern here? LOL)





1 comment:

D said...

Wow, look at all those gorgeous cards!!! You've been busy :)) Congrats on winning such awesome RAKs!!!!!! Might be the day to buy a lottery ticket.. :)