Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good crafty morning to you :)

Started the day right, with a layout for sketches4all. This one was Christy's What's in a Word challenge, asking us to use a quote on the page. I had just received the quote I ended up using, along with all of the fabulous flowers, as an RAK from Cindy, a talented designer for s4u, and felt this was a good time to use it. This is a photo of my now 5th grader walking with her now 8 year old sister to her first day of first grade. Rileigh (the younger) wasn't due to start preschool for another month, and was so sad to leave her there. It took a good week for her to adjust to playing alone!


Journaling reads: "You were so very sad when we walked Andraia to school for her first day of first grade, mainly because your first day of preschool was a month away! You cried all the way home and kept asking if it was time to go pick her up yet!" I wish I could tell you who made the paper, as I am also in the Colorful Creations no spend challenge for this month where I cannot purchase a single THING to make layouts. It has been quite liberating! I remember getting this school themed paper in a giant paper pack, one of the not really name brand ones, from Michael's 5 or 6 years ago, and ripping it open to put it in my "occasion" file. Of course I didn't save the info as to the maker of the paper! Another oldie but goodie showcased on this page: the old EK Success Fresh Cutz die cut sheets, these are Rebecca Sower back to school that I've had collecting dust for probably 10 or 11 years! I adhered one with pop dots, and in looking at them, had a great idea for a homemade embellie which I will probably showcase here soon, as I can't wait to try it out on my next page for Rileigh's album, her first day of preschool. The flower embellishments were received from the same RAK I got the quote in. The arrow attached w/pop dots is from We R Memory Keepers Teen Angst scrap pad, along with the sticker letters. The corrugated paper making up the bottom layer of the photo mat was repurposed from a box of Pfaltzgraff plates!

I'm sure there'll be plenty of layouts to come today as I am back in the groove after being sick. Stay tuned, and have a scrappy day!

No comments: