Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer sickies

So I had a fantastic girls' weekend at Foxwoods last weekend, and brought home my girlfriend's cold. Boooooooo. I then passed it along to my son, who passed it along to his father. Double booooooo. The girls appear healthy as can be, and for this I am thankful. It has been a long week of coughing, sniffling, sneezing, and resting. Currently, the girls are away at my parents' house, enjoying the last time they will stay overnight before school starts at the end of the month, so today (with the overcast skies and off and on rainshowers) is a good day to get crafty!

I made a page yesterday, the first day my head felt like it was part of my body. I tried to get this done to enter in a challenge over at Colorful Creations called "Show me the Bunny." The challenge was to use mainly Bo Bunny products on your page, and as I had a couple of sheets left from a kit I received from Scrappy Jo's, I was happy to oblige. However, with 75% of the page created, it was time to head off to the in-laws for dinner, so it was not completed in time to enter it in the challenge. :( Oh well, that's why I post it here :) The papers are all Bo Bunny...Calypso floral for the background paper (I used the other side of the paper for the side border where the picture strip is, just flipped it and taped it together.) Calypso paper for the matting. Random heart brad on a MAMBI folder tab sticker. Bo bunny red dotty ribbon for the ribbon flower w/a MM square metal brad in the center. The white circles circles came from hubby's toolbox (yes, I sneak in there when I want a different embellie!) Random blue ribbon scraps. Journaling: "Seeing as you were born on Easter Sunday, Honey decided to make a bunny cake for your party at her house this year. It was quite creative -- it had Mini Eggs and M&Ms all over it, and Twizzlers for the whiskers and smile. Sure, it was nice to look at, but eating it was even better!"


Here's another layout I created for Colorful Creations, documenting our yearly pumpkin carving tradition. I just love how this one turned out, diggin' the circles! The paper I've had for a month or so, glad to finally use it. I've been trying to utilize non-traditional papers for holiday papers (you know, not themed paper) and think it worked out well in this case. DCWV cardstock. Glitz Design Sparrow floral paper, the other side of that paper made the red circles. Random bling from my stash. Title cut with Cricut. Ribbon from the dollar section at Target, no real name brand. Can't pass up a good deal! Handstitching w/MM Scrapbook Stitches in orange.


TFL, stay tuned for more creations as it looks like an day to "play" inside LOL

1 comment:

Julie said...

fantastic work! love your ribbon and stitching!