Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

The rain has stopped here (for now) and it is going to be a busy day of bread baking and crafting for me. My little man still is not feeling that great. This cold seems to hang on for a looooooong time, making him a bona fide booger machine! I'm secretly glad the new big boy bed has made nap time a thing of the past...that just means I get to hang out in my craft room to make sure he doesn't jump the gate and play with my scissors!

My latest obsession is baking bread. With 5 people here in the house, I'm tired of spending an arm and a leg on loaves of bread! One loaf only lasts a day or so if we all eat a sandwich. I'm in week three of baking my own loaves, and it seems to be going well. They all eat it and say it is fantastic, even though it is smaller than your average loaf of sandwich bread. I'm working on this, a little at a time. Today I will let it rise longer and see what happens. So, off to the kitchen before nap time to start some yummy honey sunflower wheat goodness!

Yesterday it rained, and I was glad to be upstairs in the craft room. I made a few things that I'll share here, except for the DT sketch layout I made for sketches4all...it just isn't up to par. My scanner made it crooked looking, and the eyelets I used ARE crooked. Just can't post a crooked layout!

Anywho, here's one I made for Colorful Creations 4 square challenge, where we had to use 4 squares and a circle. I also used it for the sketches4all August layering challenge. Papers My Mind's Eye, inked with Versacolor Umber pigment ink. Freehand drew the star and cut out, adhered to white paper to make it pop. The silver washer came from my husband's toolbox (seriously) and I wrapped a twist tie from a box of garbage bags around it. Gotta love repurposing! Speaking of repurposing, when one runs out of chipboard circles, what is to be done? Well, I used a Capri Sun box. I cut the big circle out of the box, adhered white paper to it, and inked all over it (Stampin Up Garden Green, Versacolor umber, and a Stampin Up Stampin Spot made little square looking marks all over it, which I loved the look of.) The "genuine" definition is DCWV Rub-On Quote Stack - Boy. The sticker on the circle in the middle is P.Inc. Penstitching around the circle.

For the sketches4all site, as you all know from my previous postings, there is a contest for the Scrap Girl of the Month. Challenge #3 for this award was to make a bookmark using the colors orange and green, a ribbon, and a stamp. It also had to be related to our favorite book/author/magazine somehow. I chose Edward Abbey, my favorite author. I had a hard time at first, wanting to attach all of these 3 dimensional elements, but realized it needed to function as a bookmark, and resisted the urge. Orange flower paper is from my scrap box, from the MAMBI Coastal Culture paper pad. The green paper is from the K&Co Roam paper pad. The stamps are MM magnetic alphabet stamps, stamped in Versacolor umber. The dragonfly sticker is Miss Elizabeth's, and the paper the sticker is attached to was received in an RAK.

Last but not least, I made this card for Colorful Creations. It is Sandra's Card Sketch challenge, and I think I did well. I have been trying to make more masculine cards, as there are a lot of men in my family. It's a little harder, but I'm getting better at it. Papers are from an old PC Scrap Pad - The Den paper collection. It is from all the way back in 1998! The ribbon and buttons were received in an RAK. The oval sticker is Miss Elizabeth's.

Hope to post more later, after bread is baking :) Have a crafty day!

No comments: