Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More creations for sketches4all and Dirty Scraps!

I was a busy girl today, thanks to the 2 1/2 year old who refuses to nap and can scale his gate like it was a mere speed bump on his road to freedom! Luckily my craft room is right outside his door, the perfect place to stand guard making sure he doesn't get at my Exacto knife or scissors!

I started out making a gift box to warm up with. I love the results, the colors are great! SEI Claire papers/die cut.

This layout was created for Brenda's first August challenge, a DT member at sketches4all. I just loved her sketch, and tweaked it just a little bit. I love the results! As an added twist, she wanted us to use pictures older than 10 years old, which for me is no problem...I have my family's photos, some dating back to the 1890's! The hardest part for me was choosing which photos to use! (Of course, her sketch is shown first.) Papers are all MAMBI Coastal Culture. Flower/journal box/bracket are all SEI Claire die cuts. Title/subtitle created with my Cricut.
This layout was made for the most recent sketch crazy challenge at sketches4all, along with a challenge for Dirty Scraps, a great challenge site that gets you to journal more intimately about yourself. First is a picture of the sketch it was based off of for the sketch challenge, courtesy of pagemaps. Dirty Scraps used the prompt "impact" for the layout to be based around. I like how this page turned out! All papers are My Mind's Eye Complete Boy. Chipboard letters/alpha stickers: We R Memory Keepers Teen Angst collection.
Journaling reads: "Growing up, my family was what you might call "outdoorsy." We camped, hiked, snowshoed, and took various nature related outings such as the beach or lake. Now that I am older with a family of my own, I find myself gravitating towards outdoor experiences. I wonder if these outings will have as much of an impact on my own children as much as it did on me..."


5 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

wow---love this layout--great job huney!!!

Jodi said...

great job! awesome journaling!! thanks for playing along with us at Dirty Scraps!

Haf Scraps said...

Great layout - awesome outdoorsy theme. Thanks for playing with us at Dirty Scraps!

D said...

You have been busy! Gorgeous layouts and the box is so cool!!! I love all the arrows on Big Impact. I got lucky today and both kids took a nap, so I did too!

Laurajean said...

gorgeous layout...LOVE your "IMPACT" layout, just beautiful :)
Thanks for playin' along with us at DirtySraps!!