Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy, busy.

I can't believe it...little man actually is enjoying playing in his room. What does that mean for me? Well, it means that my craft room is seeing more action than it EVER has. I got to spend all day there yesterday, not only creating the "horse crazy" layout I showcased a couple of blog posts ago (which has to be my new favorite layout by the way, it took me a good 2 1/2 hours to make), but also a few other nice layouts.

I didn't realize that I was at the same point in each of the girls' albums (I am a chronological scrapper when it comes to the kids' albums!) until I printed out the pics...to my surprise, they were of the same event, Halloween 2006. Every year we trick-or-treat in nearby Rollinsford, NH where my in-laws live. They have a road that is historically known as the most trick-or-treated (don't know or care if that is the proper terminology, I will say it anyway) in the city. Seriously, I mean RIDICULOUS amounts of trick-or-treaters flock to the circle each year, cleaning out candy supplies. I've heard rumors of numbers in the 300's! A lot of houses run out of candy after an hour or two, but don't think they aren't prepared...everyone who lives there knows to buy bags upon bags of candy. It's always fun. Before we go there, we stop in to the Rollinsford Police Department, where my mother-in-law works, to get candy and a glow necklace they pass out each year. These pages are from the PD before setting out for the night. Note the winter hats/ear warmer. Also note how chubby Andraia looks...that's just the 4 layers of warm clothing under her costume! It was FREEZING that year! Downfall of Halloween in New England I guess...

The layout for Andraia's album...Halloween theme papers purchased on clearance somewhere (I think Michael's) in a giant paper pack with themes for each holiday, wish I could tell you who made it, but there is no info available. That's what happens when you rip the package open and file it all in your paper filing place, and then THROW THE PACKAGE AWAY. Shame on me. All papers inked around the edges. Stickers (the mummy and cat) are 3D Studio 112. Brads I got 11 YEARS AGO on ebay from some eyelet ebay store, haven't turned to eyelets in a while...I used to have an obsession! Candy corn embellies inked so they would stand out against the white background paper from Jolee's. Letter stickers are more randomness from my sticker collection.


The layout for Rileigh's album, which I used in Stacy's scraplift challenge and Sharon's monthly recipe challenge over at sketches4all...orange textured cardstock DCWV. All papers are random from my scrap box. EK Success pink/green "Trick" in title. "or Treat" Plaid Alpha Stickers. Studio 112 skeleton 3D sticker adhered to chipboard circle from K&Co, which was blank before I got my hands on it! Inked the edges of the circle to match. Spider cut from my Cricut (Doodlecharms) with MM brads for eyes. Ribbon (which is from the dollar section of Target, no name brand...I think it's simply called "scrapbooking ribbon" LOL gotta love the Target dollar secion!) adhered to page with MM Scrapbook Stitches.

Sharon's recipe requirements were simple this month: layers, ink, and torn paper.
Here's Stacy's layout we were to scraplift:


And here's my take:



Lastly, I made this card which I absolutely adore. I love everything about this card...it is a sensory experience, with embossed handmade paper, flocked paper, ribbon, and bumpy, sparkly glitter! What's not to love about that? This was made for Stacy H-W's stash challenge, asking us to use the colors black and white with only one other accent color and glitter. It is based on a sketch for the Scrap Girl of the Month contest at sketches4all. Embossed paper is from a very old PC Paper Passport Pastel handmade papers Collage Pad. Flocked paper: MAMBI Specialty Cardstock paper pad in black and white. Ribbon is provided by Scrappy Jo's, a great place with great products! Bo Bunny black dot cardstock. Image: Stamp Craft, stamped with black pigment ink. Star is filled with Create A Craft red glitter.

Here's the sketch, which I followed just about exactly. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone :)


And here's my creation:


I'm sure that today will bring more scrappy fun. I have a bunch of challenges to inspire me, and I have a lot of work to do...I'll be opening an etsy store soon, something I've been waiting a long time to be able to do! Selling to local stores is great, but I'd really love to be able to reach more people and I feel etsy is just the perfect place for me! Stay tuned for the grand "opening" LOL!

No comments: