Friday, December 2, 2011

XOXO Challenge 24: picture inspiration

Morning! Baby, it's cold outside, and it has been morning from hell with a bed wetter and meltdown after meltdown, and I'm ready to head back to bed already!! It's a great day to hibernate in the craft room, but the job that pays me consistently comes first (unfortunately.)

Before I try to tune out the world to write some articles, I thought I would share this month'sXOXO challenge. We were asked to use this picture as inspiration:


How fun is that? I decided I would pull out my affirmation journal for my business, a work-in-progress that I haven't picked up in a while (interpretation: my printer ran out of ink and I was at a loss for what to do instead of a traditional layout HA.) Here's what I came up with, inspired by the color scheme and layout of the girl and words in the original image:

Cool, right? I started by painting the page in the Eco Green Crafts 5 1/2" Recycled Chipboard Snap Book (AWESOME by the way) white with some Eco Green Crafts acrylic paint. Love that stuff! When the paint was dry, I pulled out a Balzer Designs stencil and inked over it, creating the hexagons, and finished it off by pouncing some white paint over it all. Shimmerz Spritz made the middle "layer" of the page combined with a great piece of MM Chloe's Closet, and SEI cardstock for the top. All that was left to do was pull it all together with a bit of inking around the edge of the page and adding some fun elements.
The affirmation is a mix of alpha stickers and tickets. BG Two Scoops for "My vision," Bella Blvd. alpha for "is" which I traced around with white gel pen, and "clear and focused" was written on the tickets first with black Bic Mark-It and then white gel pen, making the words stand right out. Blue glitter glue also behind it all :) I used a great piece of Pink Paislee House of Three and raised it up with some pop dots, and finally glued a piece of lace spritzed with Shimmerz to it, stapling the tickets to the lace.

Ok, that's it for me. Off to have a big ol' bowl of turkey soup for breakfast to get me in the mood for a little writing (or a nap...I wish I was able to nap right now!!) Head over to the True XOXO Girls blog to see how the other girls were inspired, and show us how the image inspires you by linking up a creation for your chance to be January guest designer!

No comments: