Monday, December 5, 2011

Humphrey Gift Tin

A good morning to all of you, Crafter's Companion posting day! It was a crazy week, but Sunday night marked the end of the November birthday insanity as we celebrated Patryk's 4th birthday with family and friends. He got so much great stuff, and has been quiet all morning playing with all of his new toys while watching Cars 2, one of his many gifts.

Here he is on his actual birthday, 11/30, when we went to Toys R Us so that he could pick out anything he wanted. He chose this Cars 2 acrylic painting set with 4 canvases, my little crafty boy :)
This is from last night, blowing out the candles. He is always pretending to be shy when all eyes are on him (here, we are singing Happy Birthday to him.) :)


It is usually around this time I freak out, realizing that Christmas is just around the corner, and here I am just now beginning to shop and prepare. With 3 kids, there's always someone I forget, and it requires a last minute trip to purchase a gift in a hurry (normally on our way to the party the gift must be given at!) I had saved this old liquor tin earlier in the year just for this reason. What better last minute gift than an indulgent bottle of liquor and something to mix it with?

I started by adhering this My Mind's Eye Lime Twist patterned paper to the tin using Crafter's Companion spray adhesive.
I chose this adorable Humprey stamp set, Auld Lang Syne, part of the Humphrey Christmas collection, coloring it in with Crafter's Companion's own Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers (available for pre-order.) Rounded the corners with a CM punch and matted to another piece of Lime Twist and finished by adhering it to the tin with foam strips.
See those Stickles in the image? I thought it was perfect for the confetti :) Twinery twine and a matted sentiment.
Here's the finished tin. See the awesome stacked flower on top? That's another beauty from The Chip Chop Shop!



Well, I've got a bazillion things to get done, but all so that I can relax for the next few days and craft my little heart out...Christmas card time!! It is also crazy Christmas concert time (both of my daughters are in band, and one is also in chorus.) I hope to have some time to fit some shopping in there...although I've bought a few major things for the kids, I have a looooong way to go to be done, and it's starting to give me panic attacks!! SOOOOO MUCH TO DOOOOO!

Have a great day,

xx
Khristen

No comments: