Thursday, December 29, 2011

Successfully Unsuccessful

I succeeded in my mission in the craft room today, and scrapped this unsuccessful moment in photo history, the first day we sat down to capture Andraia and her little brother together.  It didn't go so well, and I thought I would show the worst of the worst (or, in my opinion, the best of the best.)

Everything you see here came in my Scraptastic Club January kit that I just tore into today...I love happy mail after Christmas  :)  I knew what it was when I saw it in my mailman's hands, and I think he was a bit afraid of me after I jumped out the door and nearly tackled him to grab the box.  I love all of the stuff in this kit, especially the October Afternoon Farmhouse papers.  I took one of them (Clothesline) and fussy cut around the banners and adhered it to the top of the page.  Feeling it just wasn't enough, I glued some Crate Paper Farmhouse twine on there, and curled up the edges of the bottom banner.  The cardstock is misted with some OA Sprinkles in Robot Blue...love this color!

Isn't all of that so very awesome?
There's a lovely Prima Powder Puff spritzed with some of the OA mist.
Alphas used: OA Mini Market in Teal and Black, Bella Blvd., and Studio Calico chipboard.  The strip at the bottom is Studio Calico Scraps, like a tissue tape but not adhesive.  pretty cool stuff, love how it looks in person!  Adhered some Imaginisce pearl i-rocks to the scallops (can you see that one of them fell off mid-photo shoot?  Grrrr....)
Another look at that awesome mist.

So...yay!  I scrapped something *just for me.*  Can't wait to do a bit more tomorrow!  My mom took the girls overnight, and they will be going to see a movie tomorrow.  Little man and I will spend the day crafting, and I can't WAIT.  It's just too cold to do anything else but stay inside and hibernate!  Such is winter in New England.  I hope you all had a great day, time to hang with hubby :)

xx
Khristen

No comments: