Wednesday, February 27, 2013

XOXO Extra Love-y Challenge

Ok, there's really only one more day to play along. I blame the snow, keeping me shoveling/snowblowing for days! We threw in an extra challenge this month at XOXO, all about love! Pink, hearts, any way you want to interpret LOVE...here's what I came up with.

I order my prints online, and I'm a chronological scrapper. That means when a challenge like this comes up, I usually have to hunt for an older photo as our summer vacation pictures aren't really something I would associate with a love-y challenge. So....into the old, vintage pictures I go! I came across this picture of my great-grandparents, and knew it was "the one."

This is obviously a shot of my great-grandparents on their 50th wedding anniversary (I think the title gives that away, don't you?) The colors of the photo led to the use of Cosmo Cricket Upcycle, which match too perfectly.  
 There is a whole lot of randomness on here...some Elle's Studio pieces, some random stickers, a teeny paper clip, Maya Road Vintage Trim - Lustrous Button Jewels for all the bling-y parts. Random lace. Random word stickers/vellum "love always" from a card kit prize pack. Jillibean alpha. Studio Calico wood veneer people coated in turquoise Dylusions.

 October Afternoon file tab. Foil Thickers (which I've just been waiting for the perfect layout to come along to use them!)

So hurry over and play with us at XOXO! If *love* isn't up your alley, maybe the superbet or Audrey challenges will inspire you. Either way, link up your layout for a chance to be a guest designer!

Now I'm off to work on numerous crafty projects. It is supposed to snow all day, but right now it's only raining. As much as I hate winter rain, I'd rather it stayed rain so I don't have to shovel!

xoxo
Khristen

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Khristen. I love the layout, embellishments and the photo is lovely.
Hugs Sharon. x