Tuesday, February 19, 2013

XOXO #40: Audrey Inspiration

So here we are with another True XOXO challenge, and this time it is a fun one! We were asked to use the following quote as inspiration:

I believe in pink.
I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happiest girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and
I believe in miracles.
--A. Hepburn

Such a wonderful quote, and I didn't want to be selective here. I wanted to use the whole quote. However, my first attempt (in my Smash book) ended up a disaster. It was like my alpha stickers threw up all over the page! Here it is:
See what I mean? I don't know if it's the mish-mash of elements or my own handwriting that makes me absolutely despise this, but it's in my Smash book now for eternity (or until I paint over it and try something new!!)

Take two turned out a whole lot better:

I went with one portion of the quote instead. I adore this picture of the girls on our summer vacation, it's rare to catch them anywhere near each other! I used Fancypants - Country Boutique - Whitewash for the background paper, which I LOVE. All of the die cuts/banners are from the same collection.
I misted a touch behind the picture with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions. This is one of my new favorite mists...it's so easy to apply just a little bit rather than covering the whole page! The alphas used: Iguana and Frost Thickers, October Afternoon Mini Market, and AC Remarks. I embellished "prettiest" with Black Onyx Liquid Pearls, underscored the word "girls," and made arrows with it as well.





That fun jeweled piece is from a Maya Road Vintage Trim - Lustrous Button Jewels package. I love these!

So head over to True XOXO and share with us a layout inspired by the quote above. You could win the chance to play with us for a month as a guest designer, and hang with us in our super-secret Facebook group!

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: