Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Soooooo late, but time to Get Picky.


Late late for me to be posting. I'm normally snuggled up in bed, but tonight I'm just not tired. It's funny, with each child I've done the same thing...enjoyed the sleep while they are young and struggle to sleep when they get older.

I had a chance to play with the Get Picky Inspiration Challenge #10, using this image:



The moment I saw it, I thought of the American Crafts City Park that I had gotten a while back on clearance. The colors of the paper line screamed out at me, begging to be used. I decided to go without a sketch, and came up with the following layout:
The black letters in the title are Scenic Route. AC "&". Jillibean flower/button corrugated shapes painted with EcoCrafts acrylic paint. Random trim. All papers American Crafts, except for the journal square which is K&Co.




The deadline for this challenge is the 13th, so if the above image inspires you at all, go link up your creation at the Get Picky blog :) Good night! Maybe now I can sleep!

2 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love the colours and the pleated paper - thanks so much for playing along with us!

Keri said...

I also love the bit of accordian-folded paper, as well as how you were inspired by the color palette of the butterflies...so happy to have your participation @ our Get Picky challenge!