Monday, August 8, 2011

Playing along with Helmar

I got it! My package arrived today, and inside the box: the one and only Helmar 450. My first time playing with it, and it really was awesome!

I pulled out the current Helmar sketch and set out to work with the my new obsession, the Summer Star kit from Scraptastic Club.

The sketch:

My interpretation:
I started with this great blue cardstock which I sprayed with my homemade mist made with Pearl Ex Micropearl powder, glue, and water. You can't see it well in this pic, but some of the close ups showcase the shimmer :) (That's why the paper is curled...I just couldn't wait to take pics and show it off here on the blog, I had no time to let it rest in an album to straighten it out!)
All of the stuff except the adhesive and white gel pen came in the kit. I took the 450 and glued the green twine around each paper rectangle. It was amazing how fast it dried, and how clear it was when it was dry! I need to play with it a little more to get used to what comes out when you squeeze it...it was still super easy to get the twine to stay in place without waiting a half hour while you hold it until it dries. This stuff really is amazing as they say it is...even around the corners, it held strong.

I doodled the white circles, adding some red pen "stitches." Doodled a red star inside the chipboard star.
I just love the way the journaling is here! It really makes the layout in my opinion.
I added more twine around the big chipboard star, completing it with a punched star from the kit with a twine bow in the center.

With the kit and the 450, this page came together in no time flat (40 minutes to be exact.) You just HAVE to go play with this sketch at the Helmar blog!

Dinner time, hope to post another later as I just want to continue playing :) Hope you are all having a great evening xx

6 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome layout with great elements and details, thanks for sharing!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Cute cute CUUUUTE!!! Love the stars, the outlining with twine (is it ok if I steal that idea for a page today? pretty please?) and the white doodling- fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, Khristen!!! :-D Awesome take on the Helmar sketch! Love the journaling and the doodling is fantastic! TFS!

D said...

What a sweet layout!! Such a cutie pie! I love all the white doodling and twine around your chipboard.

melsanford said...

Gorgeous layout! Fab photo and colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carisa said...

i absolutely love your take on the helmar aug sketch challenge! the way you doodled the circles is fab. thanks for joining us this month! :D