Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bo Bunny Food Layout Challenge

I wasn't sure I'd get to this layout in time, but lo and behold, my mother decided to take Rileigh for two nights at her house. That means my three kids are down to only one (Andraia is at her father's house for two weeks) so Patryk napped and I scrapped!!

Bo Bunny challenged us to scrap a layout of our family's favorite food, and I decided these pics were perfect! These were taken when we were in the midst of baking sugar cookies for the girls' school Valentine's Day parties. I always turn to these cookies that my family and friends love so very much, complete with homemade icing and sprinkles. Sometimes we frost them and go all out, like for Halloween when we decorate witch and pumpkin shaped cookies using different colors of the icing. This time, I decided to let the girls sprinkle some red sugar crystals on top. It was, after all, Valentine's Day. These cookies and the icing are all made from scratch, and I have cookie cutters for just about any occasion (except St Patrick's day...I tried to make them last year and realized I had no shamrocks or leprechauns!)
I had these leftover scraps of Calypso and decided they would be perfect color-wise. Add some double dot ribbon and a paper fan and it equals one cute page! The only non-Bo Bunny items on here are the red buttons (random), Thickers, and the hand dyed twine tied around the fan sent to me from The Chip Chop Shop.

Head over to the Bo Bunny blog to enter your own food layout, you have another day to enter! Stay tuned for one more layout I was able to do today. :)

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is lovely Khristen! I love what you did with the ribbon - what a clever technique!!! Thanks for your recent comment on my challenge at Stuff 2 Scrap! I'm really looking forward to seeing your entry! Thanks again! Cheers. xo