Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yay, a card!

I made this today for the DYSU Challenge Blog's current challenge, use yellow, which I got in just before deadline this afternoon *whew*. I just got this Basic Grey Obscura 6X6 pad in a blog candy package (Thanks, Michelle!) and thought it would be just right for a card. I think I'll send this to a scrappy friend :) I'm also using this for my new challenge over at sketches4all. Play along to win a small prize, and check out the tag event currently underway. My day is coming, stay tuned to see my challenge and tag.


My challenge calls for "old and new" items on your card (head to sketches4all to see why I chose this, there is a reason! Just give me an hour to post the challenge LOL have to get the girls at school!) My old is the Tim Holtz acrylic stamped sentiment which I've been wanting to use since I got it a long time ago, but just haven't found the right project. The new: the paper. Obviously. Sentiment is stamped in green and then orange and embossed with clear powder. That little tag thing with the doodled heart is a Basic Grey embellishment.

Pleated ribbon done with glue dots (my own recipe: stay tuned if you haven't seen how to do this! I'll share!) Diamond Stickles.

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Khristen, I think this card is marvelous! I love the paper. It is so cool.
I will go check out your card challenge!! hugs, stacy h-w

Janna Werner said...

Hi Khristen! This is fabulous, so artsy and colourful! Like it a lot. Thanks so much for sharing you project with us at DYSU Challenge Blog!! Janna

Marlene said...

Oooh....I see some funky Basic Grey paper! Nice!

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is fab. Love the colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx