Friday, February 21, 2014

What I've Been Up To

After a long time of just creating for the shop, I decided to go to town creating for fun...and here is some of what I made:

 Turned to WRMK's Twirl line, adding a random strip of yellow stripe-y paper that I'm not sure where I got it...all I know is it has been sitting on my desk for the past four months!! I added a Prima flourish, a strip of felt flower ribbon I picked up in the Target dollar bin ages ago (I even separated some flowers from the ribbon to use loosely with the flourish!) A strip of Mon Ami Gabby bling was affixed to the ribbon, and another strip was broken up to use among the flourish. The black dots in the flower centers and all over the page in random locations is Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearls. The alpha is a mix -- Authentique and Thickers.


 Then I Smashed! I find this is a great way to use up those little die cuts and stickers you just can't seem to get rid of. There is a whole bunch going on here...My Mind's Eye die cut, Echo Park stickers, EK stickers, washi, Elle's Studio die cuts, an "oopsie" circle die cut from my Cricut that was a tad too small for another project, Fancy Pants alpha, and Simple Stories burlap alpha.
This one uses Webster's Pages Spring Market bits I have leftover, including alpha, along with the bird washi. Easy, quick, and cute!

I can't wait to play more later! There are a few challenges I need to create for, and this weekend, I'll be working on some DT submissions. I have loved my two month break, choosing to read and do things for "me," but not creating is starting to become detrimental to my mood. I need to find a reason to create every day, and a design team does just that! It pushes me to create, even when I don't think I have time. The truth is, there's always time to create! You just have to remember how important it is to your soul. :)

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: