Friday, February 21, 2014

Paper Crafting Challenges First Challenge: Spring!

Here in NH, we are chomping at the bit for spring. So when I saw this challenge for Paper Crafting Challenges, I knew I had to play along. I made this super fun card that shows exactly how spring comes here in New England. It peeks its head through the darkness and bitter cold for a day or two, and then retreats again, teasing us repeatedly until it hits us with its full glory.

So my card is the sunshine coming out of the darkness and dreariness:

 The background paper was rubbed with Distress Inks in Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, and Walnut Stain. I affixed a circle cut from my Cricut behind the My Mind's Eye die cut. Imaginisce fabric flowers that were white were sprayed with Mister Huey in Taxi Cab and Smooch black, all put together with a Making Memories square pewter brad with a Prima crystal on top. I added a Words or Whatever heart banner covered in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The pink crocheted flower is Prima, the blue is My Mind's Eye Laundry Line, and the bling/pearls are American Crafts brads and Prima crystals.


Hope you like it! Head over to Paper Crafting Challenges and check them out, it's a new challenge blog that looks like it's going to be super fun!

xoxo
Khristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Khristen! I love your Spring card! The dark background really makes those flowers pop. Thanks for linking up with us at Paper Crafting Challenges!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Khristen and your interpretation of spring is lovely. The flowers and bling are gorgeous.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Oma said...

Love the interpretation of this spring card. Hubby & I will be in Bartlett NH in June for a week and I can't wait to go shopping in North Conway! I'm sure there will be plenty of sunshine in NH by then.