Friday, February 21, 2014

Getting My Mojo Back With A Challenge!

Happy Friday-before-school-vacation! I am looking forward to slowing things down next week. While some parents are planning to travel and go neat and interesting places, I'm planning to do a whole lot of nothing next week. Sure, we'll probably take a day to go somewhere cool like we always do, but I'm not really feeling a week-long funfest! Fun for me will be sleeping past 7 (which I probably won't be able to do anyway), staying in my pajamas at least one day, getting some assistance with housekeeping, and getting my work done in one sitting instead of breaking it up into pieces for appointments, school pickups, and after school activities.

I haven't had the time to craft as much as I'd like to lately, just for me. I have completed quite a bit of work on items for the shop, but my poor albums have been neglected as of late. So I'm doing something about that, employing the handy "list of challenges." This is a nice reference I can use to get my mojo going (which I really needed!!), telling me what I need to do to meet the challenge guidelines and what products, if any, I am supposed to use. That way I am inspired to create something....like this adorable layout. It's for the Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit blog sketch challenge, and was just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing again :) Take a look at the sketch by clicking the link above, and here's what I came up with:

 I am being persistent in my goal to de-stash. Although I have parted with quite a bit of paper, I still have three cases full! So for this layout, I combined manufacturers -- both chevron patterns are from Basic Grey PB&J collection, while the tan patterned paper is Crate Paper - Pink Plum. Scenic route alpha, Cosmo Cricut Cogsmo "Oh Boy" strip, and Stuff2Scrap chipboard hearts in varying sizes.
 I started altering the hearts by covering them in gesso. When that was dry, I covered it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in All That Jazz (a great teal color!) and when that was dry, I spritzed it with October Afternoon Sprinklers in Night Sky. I love how the glaze peeks through the mist! The cardstock, chosen to compliment my son's shirt, was then spritzed with Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer in Frost. When that was dry, I added the journaling with an American Crafts white gel pen.

So there you have it! The second of Boys Rule's challenges. Expect the first later, I am loving sketch challenges right now! It's perfect if you suffer scrapper's block, like I am going through right now!

Watch for more challenges, I have completed quite a few!

xoxo
Khristen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what a great page, love this picture too! Thanks for joining us at Boys Rule!