Friday, May 3, 2013

Catching up!

Good morning! I will be showing off what I have been working on for Crafter's Companion in the next series of posts over the next couple of days. I'm a bit behind...projects have been done, but I just haven't had the time to photograph them. Once I am ready, the moon has taken the sun's place in the sky! Well, I changed all that yesterday, and I'm ready to roll! So let's begin!

I got my hands on the wonderful Crafter's Inspiration magazine (which, by the way, is back in stock), and let me tell you: it's chock full of GREAT STUFF! So many freebies...papers, decoupage, acrylic stamps, embossing folder...I could go on and on. There was a TON of inspiration in this issue! It was amazing, and the step-by-step procedures were in depth and easy to follow. Of course, upon finishing it, I got right to work at the craft desk!

 I first chose this adorable Mulberry Wood decoupage piece to work with. After cutting his layers out of the magazine, I adhered them all together with Collal 3-D glue. I matted him on a piece of striped patterned paper also taken from the magazine, cut down to 5"X5", adhered with my tape runner on a sheet of cardstock cut into a 6"X6" card. I was inspired by the lace trim used by many designers in the magazine, and dug out this pretty crocheted lace piece, adding paper buttons cut from the magazine, sticking them down with the 3-D glue. I got the banner piece, button, and bow on the top right-hand corner from the magazine also, stuck with the same glue. Crystal Stickles finished it off nicely all around the edges of the card. (Another magazine-inspired technique!!)
 How could I forget to mention the stamp from the magazine I used, stamped in Memento Teal Zeal with my Rock-A-Blocks on a strip of Centura Pearl paper included in the magazine? So pretty, I just love how that paper shimmers!

There you have it, a lovely card that came together in a matter of minutes thanks to one magazine! In fact, besides the Stickles, lace trim, and ink, everything came from the magazine! Do you get ideas from magazines? Do you prefer scraplifting an entire design, or just taking bits of inspiration here and there to your own craft table? I'd love to hear about it!

Watch for another post this afternoon showcasing another sweet card from the magazine, and tomorrow morning, while I am at softball opening day, Blogger will post a card for me that is actually CAS! Something I struggle with for sure...just a stamp, a strip of paper, and an embossing folder. Little time investment, big impact!

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: