Monday, March 21, 2011

FINALLY...a recipe box!

I have had this recipe box sitting for almost a full year now, waiting to be altered for my kitchen. With spring upon us, it is high time I finished it up, as it will allow me to clear out a drawer filled with random sheets of paper containing our family's favorite recipes (which is why I'm entering this recipe box into the Paper Issues blog hop going on until 4/2, which is a project featuring your favorite things...this one stores my favorite things!)

I wanted to make something that matches my Pfaltzgraff collection as I have quite a bit of pieces on my countertop, I've been collecting for about 6 years now. My mother likes to feed my Pfaltzgraff addiction and I love it :)

Here's my collection, Villa Della Luna:

...and here's the box I made:
The paper is random, received in an RAK. I loved how the yellows and oranges matched my dishes perfectly. My I-Rock made affixing the orange bling easy peasy. Prima/SEI flower mix. Webster's alpha stickers. Random ribbon. Vintage images part of a kit received ages ago, all one sheet of paper.

I then made this cute tag for a tag challenge over at s4a, use paint and something with wings. I started by painting my tag (repurposed from a pair of jeans) with grey acrylic paint. I misted with my own recipe of mist over the whole tag, and when it dried, attached a Hampton Arts bird mask. I painted all around the mask with black acrylic paint, and finished off the bird with the handpainted "love" and some glitter. Quick and easy, and so elegant! I think it's my favorite tag, and I will probably make up these to sell in my Etsy shop :)
Hope you are all having a great day! It's snowing here, luckily it isn't sticking to the roads though. I'm wishing for sunshine and planting weather! I wish mother nature would cooperate!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lin said...

Your collection of china is so pretty, even though I cannot for the life of me pronounce it's name! Your Recipe Card box matches it beautifully.

Lin xx

Carole of Brum said...

I really love this, Khristen, and it matches perfectly with your china collection. Could do with a box like that myself. CoB

melsanford said...

Oh how beautiful is this!?! Th colours match perfectly - beautiful! And the tag is gorgeous too :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

kim c said...

a perfect project for Paper Issues. thanks for linking.

Gretchen said...

that recipe box is perfect!