Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday, Sunday


Yesterday was such a great Sunday. Yes, the weather was miserable here in NH - high winds, driving rain, and even a little hail and sleet. What is a girl to do on a day such as this? Well, I started my day at Ben Franklin Crafts. It's always great to browse the aisles and see all of the pretty papers and embellishments. 2 of my 3 rugrats tagged along, and it was a struggle keeping Patryk's hands to himself. Rileigh decided to buy a colored pencil color-by-number, with *of course* a dog on it. I walked out with clearance priced acrylic paint and a plethora of paper, including paper purchased to do my first sketch layout for the site I design for, sketches4you. After a trip to the grocery store, feeding the kids lunch, and putting Patryk down for his nap, I was able to escape upstairs to my craft room.

It felt great to be scrapping again. Ever since moving in to our new house, I haven't been able to find the time, but I've decided I have to make the time. There will always be housework to be done. The hard part for me is just letting go and getting some "me" time in. I guess I feel guilty, being the adult that gets to stay home all day long while hubby works third shift, driving a big truck in all kinds of weather. I feel that I must do my part around the house to "earn my keep" if you will. I am grateful for this opportunity, to be here for my kids and to keep the house clean, for I know how much harder it could be if I worked. How would I find time to get the kids to everything they needed to get to and keep the house in order? I know that it could work, but it would not be easy. I've realized, though, that if I don't sneak away and do something just for me, I become less patient and more stressed out. Yesterday was a perfect day to take a break from doing chores, and armed with new paper, it was a very easy decision to make.

This is the layout I came up with up there in my little craft room. It shows how far behind in the kids' albums I really am! The daughter featured in the layout is going to be 8 years old on the 31st of this month, and here she is, just 4 years old! I think Patryk (who is 2 1/2) is only a couple of months old in his album, and poor Andraia, my 10 year old, is still in the 2nd grade. This picture was soon after her first short haircut, the first of many, as she struggles to keep her hair out of her mouth! I chose these papers at the craft store specifically for this layout. I loved the patterns and colors!


Paper is The Paper Loft Morning Rain - dew, wildflowers, and garden path. Cardstock: core'dinations - whitewash, sanded the edges to match the grungy patterned papers. Scrapworks Colorrubz Poster Upppercase - true blue for title. MM Scrapbook Stitches handsewn. Embell's are flowers cut from the paper attached with pop dots.


No comments: