Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Challenges and contests galore...

Boy, am I so far behind in my little crafty world. So many challenges to complete, so little time with which to complete them! At least I've gotten as far as posting my own challenge on thesketches4all site, and entering this great contest at Scrapbooking Supplies R Us (you should do it, too!) I started a Book of Me challenge group, which will be good for me, as I usually devote all of my creative energies into the kids' albums.

This week's challenge focuses on Easter and traditions. Every year, my family would head to my grandmother's house after the chaos of Easter morning. Once there, my brother and I would head outside to have our photo taken in our Easter finest just before we headed to church. When the mass was over, we would head back to grandma's for Easter baskets and an egg hunt. Here is the layout I created for this challenge:



Paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug - Color Me Pink (Background paper: Swirl, photo mats and hidden journaling block: Lily). Title accent parenthases: MakingMemories Glitter Die-Cuts No. 31354 Just Chillin. I sanded the background paper and photo mats for a softer feel. The flourish on this paper was so pretty I just couldn't hide it, so I cut along the flourish edges with my Exacto and tucked the pictures and journaling behind it.

Now lets see how much more I can get done this afternoon! The rain outside my window makes it easy to lock myself up indoors, but the kids make it hard to sneak away to the craft room :(

No comments: