Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scrap frustration!

What a bummer. I pick up the fantastic DT sketch from sketchesforall yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, I detest my creation. I think all scrappers go through moments like that. You start out with the best of intentions, and screw it up royally by choosing the "wrong" paper color, or handwriting journaling instead of using a font or letter stickers. In this case, I used grungy papers with a stark white background. After having it completely assembled, I just did not think it was working. I haven't even put embellishments on it yet! I got up, walked away from the table, and was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Today my creative vision will be put to the test yet again, and I will be trying to do my best to make that page work. I just don't know if I have it in me to re-scrap it!

This leads me into a sort of brainstorming session then, to discover what I can do to make the page a little better. You can always manipulate what you already have done with simple things like ink and ribbon or even metal embellies. I will be posting before and after (as long as I can create something I am proud to post!) when I complete this task, hoping that it helps someone else out there transform a not so great page into a work of art!

As a side note, I just want to say how super excited I am to have a netbook! Hubby just bought me one yesterday and I love, love, love it! It is so tiny, and will help me be active in the forums I belong to. Another bonus: I don't have to go back and forth from the computer area downstairs to the craft room upstairs to print out sketches to work from. I can have it up on my computer screen! Next step: another printer to make my picture printing as easy!

No comments: