Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is here, oddly enough!

New England is typically chilly this time of year with snow all over the place, and when it finally gets warm, large puddles overtake the roads, sidewalks, and driveways from all the melting snow. It's a mess. This year, however, it is gorgeous! The sun is out, I have flowers poking their heads through, and because of the lack of snow, no puddles or mud to complicate my kids' trips outside. I do keep in the back of my mind that it is, in fact, still New England, and we could have a snowstorm tomorrow (which would kill all of the flowers sprouting up.) All the same, I'm going to enjoy this early start to spring while I can. It has been hard to stay indoors and create with all of the fun we've been having outside! My driveway is a giant chalkboard, as is the sidewalk in front of my house and I couldn't be happier. I just love mild weather!

I will be getting into my craft room later today (after a much needed run, of course) and hope to complete a couple of challenges for sketches4you site (after I make hubby the chocolate chip cookies he requested, of course!) If I am successful in this endeavor (it's really nice outside!), I will post my pictures. Now it's time to get outside and play :)

No comments: