Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busy Sunday

I want nothing more than to live in the craft room today. I successfully made a red mist, acrylic paint and water in a dollar squirt bottle. And to think they charge much more than that in a craft store! Ludicrous! I'll be adding some shimmer to my next bottle, which I have to go to Michael's today to purchase. Too bad I can't use it until tomorrow :(

I start my day taking a neighbor to a local hospital for blood work...tomorrow he has triple bypass surgery and valve work done. Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow, as he is the only one able to care for his 80 year old mother. A friend of his is coming by while he is in the hospital, let's hope he makes it back safely! Another neighbor is taking Rileigh to a Chuck E Cheese birthday party, so after the hospital, it's back home to wait for her and wake sleeping beauty a.k.a. hubby (he's a third shifter for those who aren't in the loop.)

Once all kids are present and accounted for and hubby has fueled himself with enough coffee, it's off to the in-laws. They are going to have the kids over for dinner while hubby and I do some birthday shopping! Andraia will be 11 on the 26th of this month, and Patryk will be 3 on the 30th, so we need to get this over with so we can begin Christmas shopping. This time of year is a little stressful, but we are doing better than we did last year, I think I wrapped up birthday shopping the week of their birthdays as we had just moved into our house. Too much going on!

Hubby and I will use a gift certificate we got to a restaurant down by Toys R Us (don't remember which one...), a rare treat. Let's just hope we can get all of our shopping taken care of!

I did get to make a couple of pages, one of which I can't share as it is the November DT sketch, due to be released tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek, a close up of the upper right corner of the layout:

I then tackled the first challenge at the Colorful Creations blog hop, going on until the 10th. There are a total of 6 challenges, lets just hope I get time enough to complete them all! The first challenge was a "blind" scraplift...you get a written description of the elements on the page, and go from there. I can't wait to see the original layout, when it is revealed on Wednesday. I am curious at how close I came to "lifting" this layout :)


MAMBI flocked paper background, same paper pad for the flowers, made from 3 cut out circles, misted with my very own mist to make them red and wet for crumpling. Held together with MM silver brad. I love how they turned out, they were so easy! Butterflies are punches. Colorbok rub ons. Tim Holtz "believe" metal tag, also misted. TFL!

Hope you all have a great Sunday, who knows, maybe I'll have time to get at least one page done while waiting for hubby to be ready to go!

No comments: